• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Help With Racing Boy Rear Break System .

sixty-thirty

Super Veteran
hello, i have recently installed a racing boy rear break system . the problem seems to be , the wheel dose not lock when i press , i have to press really really hard for it to stop. can some one help me with this issue .

aydy

how long dose it usually take . i installed the sysyem on 13/06/2016 , last monday ...
This is quite normal with newly installed Disc Rotors and Brake pads, Remember riding your bike brand new? You won't have your front brake for shit.

You can just ride normal and it might take a week depending on how long you drive. you can also apply the brakes lightly and keep driving, but don't do sudden brakes and don't step on the pedal as this will result in warped discs.

Also if it didn't work, then it could be that the mechanic might've touched with greasy fingers on the rotor while installing the brake system resulting in poor and useless pads. as the grease will get stuck into the pads during the bake-in process.

You can also flush your brakes with new brake fluid and make sure there is no air in the system.

But I'd advise you wait a couple of weeks before doing anything as it might still be in progress, before messing with the brakes.

sixty-thirty

Super Veteran
ok , im planing to wait till the 30th of this month and if it is still like that i will flush with new fluid . and their is "huuuh" sound when i hit the break . it stops now but takes time to stop, not like it should . i think their is air in one piston ?

Dropper

Veteran
hello, i have recently installed a racing boy rear break system . the problem seems to be , the wheel dose not lock when i press , i have to press really really hard for it to stop. can some one help me with this issue .
same experienced sir, last month i replaced a brand new front break rotor (300mm) and a new pads,.... then tried after installing result was not gripping pretty hard.... after a few kilometers of running, and now it grip pretty good but i need to bleed my front brake for it has a free play on the lever :)

aydy

It's not the pistons that cause the issue, it is air in the whole system meaning from master cylinder to pistons.

You need pressure in order to brake, when you brake , the pump is activated>master cylinder opens and forces the fluid down the caliper>making it move the pads.
now, if you have any air gap inside the brake system you will be first forcing that air bubble up top, this is why you need to take great care when bleeding/flushing the brake system. a good brake service might result in 2-4 times of flushing to make sure there is no air in the system. you might empty a small bottle of brake fluid and a half in order to do it right.

it is lengthy but he explain everything in detail, I'd recommend you to watch his videos if you want some tuning and to develop some simple yet very interesting skills, you can watch his videos.
This guy does the best bleeding method IMO

sixty-thirty

Super Veteran
i took the bike to the yamaha shop here and asked them to flush the fluid with new one and they did a very good job without getting any air into the system and now the wheel locks . but the "voooooohh" sound still comes when i try to lock the rear wheel . any bright ideas and suggestions ??

aydy

had to remake the spaces for the size and it seems to get better (useable on the street)
That squeeky sound you are getting is due to brake pads grinding against the residue built from braking.

Get some copper grease / Anti-Seize and apply it on the BACK of the brake pads. Apply a thin layer of paste on both of the pads.
You can also apply this on the threads of the screws so you can tighten and unscrew later without any hiccups.

Attachments