• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

[Help] bad mileage

kamalez

Super Veteran
Hi guys, there were talks about the using of iridium plugs, does any one know if were to use this plug how to tune the carb or best to remain the stock plug.Please share yr opinion

iridium will only give you best result if you change your spark cable too, because it's useless if you want a better firing with a better plug but your cable stay in high resistance :D

good firing means effective fuel consumption, will give you more mileage

kamalez

Super Veteran
Frozen Fire said:
iridium will only give you best result if you change your spark cable too, because it's useless if you want a better firing with a better plug but your cable stay in high resistance :D

good firing means effective fuel consumption, will give you more mileage
if were to change the plug cable, normally it comes with cable+coil and do we to change that too.
How about the carb tunning,shall be necessary once upgrade to iridium and cable, coil

carb tuning is a must, even at schedule maintenance :D

I once read a comparison between matching racing plug, racing plug cable, and racing coil with stocks.

The best combi of course is all part racing.
The second is stock coil+racing cable+stock plug, cause stock coil and plug still able to work even better if you reduce the cable resistance.

So the most significant, the first step you should change is the cable, then the plug, last is the coil.

kamalez

Super Veteran
Frozen Fire said:
carb tuning is a must, even at schedule maintenance :D

I once read a comparison between matching racing plug, racing plug cable, and racing coil with stocks.

The best combi of course is all part racing.
The second is stock coil+racing cable+stock plug, cause stock coil and plug still able to work even better if you reduce the cable resistance.

So the most significant, the first step you should change is the cable, then the plug, last is the coil.
any good brand racing , cable and coils for recomandation

kamalez

Super Veteran
goff_d_p said:
looks like a pipe for smoken a joint!!
looks like a magnifier, it going to be costly is it?
perhaps should follow the ancient method, visual look at plug and and compare with plug condition photos

kamalez

Super Veteran
Frozen Fire said:
Looks like i'm gonna upload my laptop photo and title it as a special tool to check plug :D
Thats a good idea, for more effiecient print out this photos in colour for quick and easy reference!!!!!!!! Probally in 2 or 1 pages you're able to squezze all the photos