• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Engine Sound With Brt Dualband Cdi

bsyarnaud

Hi mod,
i just want to know if it is normal that my engine sound is louder with brt cdi than stock cdi?
I mean with brt cdi when revving the engine sound is like old engine sound but when using stock one it is smooth and silent.
Regards

JapSpeed

Super Veteran
Hi mod,
i just want to know if it is normal that my engine sound is louder with brt cdi than stock cdi?
I mean with brt cdi when revving the engine sound is like old engine sound but when using stock one it is smooth and silent.
Regards
all stock? with my experience still the same as long as you rev it with in 9200 which is the same rpm with your stock cdi..
if you rev higher 9200+ rpm using BRT cdi of course sounds different..

bsyarnaud

all stock? with my experience still the same as long as you rev it with in 9200 which is the same rpm with your stock cdi..
if you rev higher 9200+ rpm using BRT cdi of course sounds different..
Yes bro all stock except vixion cam, vixion valve spring,yypang stiffer clutch spring and 15-42 sproket..
i'am using stock carburetor with stock jets..
i also experienced the same issue with Apido 8 angles CDI
no bro, the ugly sound is audible in every rpm from start to 10000rpm

JapSpeed

Super Veteran
Yes bro all stock except vixion cam, vixion valve spring,yypang stiffer clutch spring and 15-42 sproket..
i'am using stock carburetor with stock jets..
i also experienced the same issue with Apido 8 angles CDI
no bro, the ugly sound is audible in every rpm from start to 10000rpm
na experience ko yn nong gumamit ako ng kitti xbox na cdi sa mx 135 ko. pinalitan ko ng brt okay na sya.. check battery sir. malakas sa battery yng BRT. IMO..

ESOJ de GUZMAN JR

Super Veteran
pare-parehas lng sounds nyan. depende nlng kng nka after market pipe. unless ung stock cdi ay may mixer na gngmit sa sounds. matitimpla ang sounds. hahah

ESOJ de GUZMAN JR

Super Veteran
oh sorry.. after market cdi and stock cdi have the same sound up to 9200k rpm. the only difference is when you change your stock pipe to after market pipe. every open pipe have different sounds. but have the same sound if the stock cdi and aftermarket cdi hits 9200k rpm only.

aydy

i understand! because most guys here has that sound ... im very curious why that sound is their .
You are talking about the Intake sound if I am not mistaken, it is when you change the air filter/AIS/or to a cone filter type that makes the intake sound louder vs stock intake sound.

aydy

Different C.D.I(s) will make different sounds when you are past the rev limit.
It is the sound of your ECU/C.D.I hitting it's rev limit.

C.D.I brands with loud rev limit/cut-off sounds (Brands that I know):

• IKK
  • BRT
  • REXTOR