• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

engine noise heard when running

zandro

I need help.. I heard tok...tok sounds while im riding my sniper & when i press the clutch to change the gear the sound gone and back again after i release the clutch. TIA

the_one

Super Veteran
zandro said:
I need help.. I heard tok...tok sounds while im riding my sniper & when i press the clutch to change the gear the sound gone and back again after i release the clutch. TIA
are you sure its tok tok not POK POK whahaha.. seriously bro, its hard 2 identify or maybe guess wer the sound came from if we didnt see or hear the d actual MC. i suggest you go to the nearest motor shop & check what happend to ur MC. better to do it now or you might expect a bigger prob soon.. :lol:

marvymavs

Veteran
maybe it is a clutch problem.. make sure it is not coming from your cylinder head. a tok tok tok sounds also means that pre ignition/detonation is happening to your engine. it is a piston killer. your eninge may handle it for a while until it creates a hole in your piston crown.

zandro

Thanks for all the comments. Yah I did brought it to Yamaha Shop & checked the noise problem by the mechanics and recommended to replace the chain & sprocket set. According to him the noise I heard is not coming from the engine but from the sprocket & chain. I also requested to the mechanics to tune-up my sniper & he did clean the air cleaner, carburator ang adjust valve clearance(350pesos). I ordered a set of stock sprocket at yamaha & brought a daido 428h in a motorcycle parts store worth 450pesos. I did not buy a chain from the yamaha cause its too expensive( 1600+pesos) compared to a chain that i brought which is also a genuine daido chain.

This afternoon after I got the sprocket from Yamaha I do the replacement of the sprockets & chain, but i noticed that the rear sprocket is not yet loose because i compare it to the new rear sprocket and almost the same teeth dimension unlike the front sprocket and old chain which are obviously needs replacement! After the replacement of front sprocket & chain I immediately test it for a ride and bingo the noise is gone. Thanks God the noise is not coming from engine but from a loose chain & front sprocket. :p

By the way my sniper meter reads 39K+Km, and first time to replaced my chain & sprocket. So if you encounter the same problem like mine dont hesitate to replace your sprocket & chain. Ride Safe!!:lol:

marvymavs

Veteran
zandro said:
Thanks for all the comments. Yah I did brought it to Yamaha Shop & checked the noise problem by the mechanics and recommended to replace the chain & sprocket set. According to him the noise I heard is not coming from the engine but from the sprocket & chain. I also requested to the mechanics to tune-up my sniper & he did clean the air cleaner, carburator ang adjust valve clearance(350pesos). I ordered a set of stock sprocket at yamaha & brought a daido 428h in a motorcycle parts store worth 450pesos. I did not buy a chain from the yamaha cause its too expensive( 1600+pesos) compared to a chain that i brought which is also a genuine daido chain.

This afternoon after I got the sprocket from Yamaha I do the replacement of the sprockets & chain, but i noticed that the rear sprocket is not yet loose because i compare it to the new rear sprocket and almost the same teeth dimension unlike the front sprocket and old chain which are obviously needs replacement! After the replacement of front sprocket & chain I immediately test it for a ride and bingo the noise is gone. Thanks God the noise is not coming from engine but from a loose chain & front sprocket. :p

By the way my sniper meter reads 39K+Km, and first time to replaced my chain & sprocket. So if you encounter the same problem like mine dont hesitate to replace your sprocket & chain. Ride Safe!!:lol:
Glad to hear that sir. 39K od reading will surely demand a new set of chain and sprockets.