• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Coolant Leak.

jeffrey14

need help... coolant always mix in engine oil, i think i need 2 change my oil seal, any idea how much it is? or does any available other brand? or need to change my waterpump assy? any suggestion pls?? TIA.

astridnoelle

Veteran
Sir/s:

Which is 1,600? waterpump assembly? sir jeffrey, check ur water pump assembly first... just three 8mm bolts (use a t-wrench) to remove. i believe there is an asbestos gasket or similar material right behind the coolant impeller. this is naturally in contact with engine oil because it slots into the gap on the timing gear of the camshaft. if you can open the water pump (4 pcs 8mm bolts, i think), you'll see that it has a "pocket" on theright of the impeller side, which is where the coolant actually circulates. i'm honestly unsure if that such "gasket" can be replaced as is, or if it is part of the entire water pump assembly. check with the other experts here to verify. hope that helps.

jeffrey14

sir chrysler, first palit mo palang ba? dati kasi nagpalit nako , may nabili ako 180php lang, ano kaya pinagkaiba nung dalawa? 1600 vs 180?

astridnoelle

Veteran
sir astridnoelle, tnx for the info.. i'll check it later after work..
ur welcome sir jeffrey. i'm curious about that oil seal hehe.. it's kinda expensive.. last year i repaired the gasket on my water pump.. the bottom part of the gasket (on the coolant hole or whatever that is) was eroded, so i was slowly losing fluids.. i took the pump out, scraped the rubber on the gasket so the thin metal gasket was exposed, cleaned it up & used gasket maker. never leaked again hehe.

Christan Bernardo

sorry I didn't see you're from Angeles. I don't think they have a branch in Pampanga. You can check out any local oil seal centers in your area... Just give them the dimensions they might have it...

jeffrey14

PROBLEM SOLVED…!! The main problem is the impeller shaft, I found a lot of scratch in it that’s why it slowly damage the lips of the oil seal, yesterday I went to 3s shop after work, im lucky they have a stock of oil seal, but no stock of impeller shaft, until try to LC shop, they have a stock but a lil bit high price than yamaha 3s. after 2hrs rest when i got home i start the scenario.CIMG1504.JPG CIMG1504.JPG CIMG1503.JPG CIMG1496.JPG View attachment 29209 View attachment 29208

Attachments

astridnoelle

Veteran
PROBLEM SOLVED…!! The main problem is the impeller shaft, I found a lot of scratch in it that’s why it slowly damage the lips of the oil seal, yesterday I went to 3s shop after work, im lucky they have a stock of oil seal, but no stock of impeller shaft, until try to LC shop, they have a stock but a lil bit high price than yamaha 3s. after 2hrs rest when i got home i start the scenario.View attachment 29213 View attachment 29213 View attachment 29212 View attachment 29210 View attachment 29209 View attachment 29208

Sir jeffrey,

Would you mind quoting the prices of the parts that you replaced? Thanks!

jeffrey14

impeller shaft assy = 630
oil seal = 1600
bearing = 130
yamaha 3s impeller is only 491php. but you need to wait up to 4 weeks.

astridnoelle

Veteran
impeller shaft assy = 630
oil seal = 1600
bearing = 130
yamaha 3s impeller is only 491php. but you need to wait up to 4 weeks.
Sir jeffrey,

Thanks for the quotation. I'd like to say.. ouch! a bit expensive hehehe.. + 1 month wait. If ever, I might have to pre-order since I ride my X1r everyday.. got 43k on my odometer already hehe.. what brand is the bearing? I'd have to ask my uncle's shop if he got NSK bearings of the same size hehehe..

astridnoelle

Veteran
sir jeffrey,

my x1r currently has dis problem: when the engine has reached a certain operating temperature, i get a high pitched continuous "whistle" from my water pump. this goes away as soon as d engine is revved, but whistles again as soon as d engine rpm goes back to idle... could dis be a worn bearing? thanks for d response.

astridnoelle

Veteran
1600 kkpalit q lng kanina s 3s mismo aq bumili
sir chrysler,
what was d reason for d oil seal change that u did? same with sir jeffrey or same as what i last said (re: whistling sound)? i had opened d water pump today & i saw a faint line just behind d impeller shaft. do u have to take d oil seal replacement to a machine shop to have it pressed? or is it DIY? thanks for ur help...

astridnoelle

Veteran
to all concerned,

i checked with Yzone Ortigas... the entire water pump assembly costs 4,122 pesos.. ouch hehe.. need to make repairs first to avoid this big an expense..