• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Big Bore Electric Start Problem

docgabby

Super Veteran
Doc,
Sry, forget to mentioned, its tailored fr LC/Spark wz big bore...

vanjo,
There's no effect to the engine block,may be the starter moto gear,it got worned after frequent force kicking...
it is advisable to silmulteanously usingng the elect strtr n the kick strtr,just to release the burden on the strtr moto.
some have tried kickstarting and e-starting at the same time to complement each other..but you have to time everything right.

Pandir135

Super Veteran
Bro Doc,
you r right, if u r right n im right n evrybdy is right..than there will be no problem right?...kah...kah...kah..just joking,
anyway some hv tried removing the choke, it helps to ease the compresion.

docgabby

Super Veteran
Bro Doc,
you r right, if u r right n im right n evrybdy is right..than there will be no problem right?...kah...kah...kah..just joking,
anyway some hv tried removing the choke, it helps to ease the compresion.
whatever technique as long as you can fire it up, then enjoy the ride.

rowan

Super Veteran
buhayin ko lng e2 sandali . using uma block(no base gasket), 30mm ,cms cam . bigvalves no decomp , easy start .

HKholic

Not sure if each Country uses the same starter motor or not. I have a Vietnam Exciter. Uma block with 22/18 head. I started with the stock battery, then to a 7amp battery and finally to a 8-cell lithium 9amp w/240 cca. No change at all. Starter still struggles to turn over. Seems like every time I shut off the engine, it stops on the compression stroke in turn giving the starter a healthy workout. I have a feeling it has a short life ahead. Regardless if the lithium helped or not, it weighs in at .75kg.

rowan

Super Veteran
no matter how powerful ur batt still u will get the same result bro.
or u will damage the starter later on. i think all starter on our motorcycle were same on every country.
though i use a parallel 4 amp and stock 5 amp batt

alex cruz suggested uma cam with decomp or traxx added vixion cam with decomp will surely help.
we use bigger valves than of 22/18 .and importantly adjusted compression modifiying the cy. head chamber.
DSCN8838.JPG

HKholic

Yes, I've have a Uma cam but did not like it. Does not work well in highly congested HCM(Saigon). Have a Yamaha race cam, but noisy. Now running Faito turbo. Considering adding another gasket to lower compression slightly or continue rolling it in gear past compression stroke. Then it fires right up. :)

JhayBoo

Super Veteran
Reminder: YOU ARE ON ENGLISH SPEAKING SECTION, Please post in ENGLISH!

Hi all members (especially filipinos),

Please be reminded again for the nth time to
speak english in ENGLISH SPEAKING SECTION of the forum.
This is to encourage Worldwide YamahaT135 friends & share passion about our motorcycle.
Looking Forward for Understanding...