• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

a good way for a racing footrest with drum brakes

red_is_karma

Super Veteran
this is my conversion of my rearset racing footrest
my rear brakes work so well that it almost felt like it is stock.
what did I do? simple
i didnt remove my stock brake footrest but instead i cut the excess, weld a bracet at the back and use a rod to attach it to the racing footrest.. it works like a charm and its so light and easy...
I'm just giving this tips so that those who can't afford a rear disk conversion can have a rear brake even if their using racing footrest...
it's 100% guaranteed to work perfectly fine....
PM me if you want... thanks

Attachments

sniper900

red_is_karma said:
this is my conversion of my rearset racing footrest
my rear brakes work so well that it almost felt like it is stock.
what did I do? simple
i didnt remove my stock brake footrest but instead i cut the excess, weld a bracet at the back and use a rod to attach it to the racing footrest.. it works like a charm and its so light and easy...
I'm just giving this tips so that those who can't afford a rear disk conversion can have a rear brake even if their using racing footrest...
it's 100% guaranteed to work perfectly fine....
PM me if you want... thanks

Dude how did u solve the backride issue? i did the same thing in my bike, the problem is when you have a back ride the rod is being pulled by the swing arm causing the mc to brake.

red_is_karma

Super Veteran
no. problems about the bkie ride... what i did is i cut the stock brake footrest and weld a braket at the rear.... pls try to see more of the pics... sorry i cant post new picture at this time because its raining hard here and i can't work on my bike... maybe later. thanks

red_is_karma

Super Veteran
you guys dont have to remove anything from the stock brake set... just cut the stock brake pedal... then weld atleat 4 inches of bracket at the back of the pedal, next, place a hole at the bracket and use a improvised rod (see picture 3) and bolt it at the rear set, make sure it double locked with 2 nuts for the rod to move freely

red_is_karma

Super Veteran
this is some pics of my drum brake!

check this out it is 100% guaranteed to work very properly... almost feels like stock... even with back ride passenger...

Attachments

red_is_karma

Super Veteran
i hope you guys cant feel the same riding convenience that i feel with this set-up... even without disk brake i still have good rear brakes... thanks guys

CarroTT

Super Veteran
very nice idea

but i dunno if u r comfortable with the brake pedal at such a high level
for me, i wud surely make some adjustment so my feet has better reach for the pedal

very nice idea indeed

red_is_karma

Super Veteran
very nice idea

but i dunno if u r comfortable with the brake pedal at such a high level
for me, i wud surely make some adjustment so my feet has better reach for the pedal

very nice idea indeed
--the stopper screw that is bolted on my rear set is just missing. that's why the brake pedal is a little higer...
sorry

wingman44

Super Veteran
You may have just found an inexpensive solution to drum brake problems commonly associated with
rear set conversion.

Indeed, a very nice idea and an even nicer deed by sharing it with us.
My hat's off to you bro.
Thanks