• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Steering Problem

Yes, that's what I'm going to do.. After replacing it with a new one, I'm planning to custom made that rubber damper.. same dimension but different material, I will use rubber that came from the tires of heavy trucks..:D My friend also used this kind of rubber damper on the rear sprocket..:D
BRo, we got the same problem with my Crypton Z since it is already 5 years old and I thought it was my front fork, it's the rubber bushing on the steering. It becomes soft overtime. I replaced it and it works, i tried adding a thin layer of rubber just like what you did, but it will just make it tighter but won't compensate the rubbers softness due to worn use. Better replace it. :D

bhek_21

Super Veteran
BRo, we got the same problem with my Crypton Z since it is already 5 years old and I thought it was my front fork, it's the rubber bushing on the steering. It becomes soft overtime. I replaced it and it works, i tried adding a thin layer of rubber just like what you did, but it will just make it tighter but won't compensate the rubbers softness due to worn use. Better replace it. :D
Thank you for the info bro.:thumbsup: I will replace it then.. :D Also, I'm thinking of modifying it, by welding additional bracket to prevent it from playing, but the negative impact is that you will feel more the vibrations.. But I think it is tolerable..;) Now what I'm thinking is the bushing of my swing arm, since if it happens to the steering, I'm sure that it will also happen to the swing arm bushing (rubber part).. I can check it this coming weekend or on holiday.. :D

yes. Better have a bracket, the advantage of our steering system vs standard Motorcycle steering like Raider, XRM, Barako and others is less vibration but at the expense of maintenance of every 5 years :D

xXcastXx

Super Veteran
Bro @bhek_21 did u already solve ur problem regarding the steering? i tot i already solve some of my problem... after the day i tested it again... some of my problem on steering i can feel it again on my MC...
:( HEADACHE

bhek_21

Super Veteran
Bro @bhek_21 did u already solve ur problem regarding the steering? i tot i already solve some of my problem... after the day i tested it again... some of my problem on steering i can feel it again on my MC...
Bro @xXcastXx I haven't resolve yet my problem but I'm sure that my front steering doesn't have a problem.. I'm doubting now my rear suspension.. Do you have an idea if the stock rear shock of sniper classic and sniper mx have the same height? I'm planning to install Ibaike shock from Sir @tomsnipes.. I'll check my rear swingarm and suspension tomorrow, and check if there are worn out parts like the bushings.. I'm annoyed in this flat tire feeling.. I'll follow the shared experience from a Raider 150 user who also got this problem and the root of cause is the rear shock..

bhek_21

Super Veteran
Bro @xXcastXx I haven't resolve yet my problem but I'm sure that my front steering doesn't have a problem.. I'm doubting now my rear suspension.. Do you have an idea if the stock rear shock of sniper classic and sniper mx have the same height? I'm planning to install Ibaike shock from Sir @tomsnipes.. I'll check my rear swingarm and suspension tomorrow, and check if there are worn out parts like the bushings.. I'm annoyed in this flat tire feeling.. I'll follow the shared experience from a Raider 150 user who also got this problem and the root of cause is the rear shock..

bro, if you are always using sidestand and has usually a backride or you are 90KG above, this usually happens on a monoshock suspension considering your front fork is ok. The spring gets saggy and bottoming out in the rear. Check your swingarm bushing and greasing, you might need to replace them as well.

bhek_21

Super Veteran
bro, if you are always using sidestand and has usually a backride or you are 90KG above, this usually happens on a monoshock suspension considering your front fork is ok. The spring gets saggy and bottoming out in the rear. Check your swingarm bushing and greasing, you might need to replace them as well.
Thanks bro @Francisco N. Maristela.. I'll check today my swing arm and see if my bushings condition.. I'm planning to change my rear shock to a stiffer one.. I'm eyeing on ibaike shocks (Not adjustable stiffness) for sir tom snipes.. also I saw a post on UBP regarding YES shock (adjustable stiffness).. They are cheap replacements for rear shocks but I'm wondering who performs well..

bro @Moses my ball race was already checked even the steering bearing, they're both ok..

AJM

Veteran
BUY THE OEM SHOCK ITS MUCH BETTER THAN AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENT>> THAT IS THE DESIGN SO DONT CHANGE IT.. OK