• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Parklight Battery Driven And Headlight Stator Driven Diy Diagram

icemeth

In my opinion, stock bulb is more preferable and safe to use even if it is 32 watts or 35 watts.. 35watts emits more heat than 32 watts, but I think it can be compensated since there is an enough air flow to cool down the headlight lens during travelling..

I'm not against HID since it is very helpful at night due to high visibility it provides.. I just want a more reliable night driving that's why I chose stock bulb since you will have no worries of something would get busted like ballast of HID (Just an example)....
What I did now is put a pair auxiliary lights at the front, EAGLE EYE..:D I'll buy another pair of if I have a budget to make my night more brighter..;)

LED is more hotter than peanut bulbs maybe because light is concentrated at a certain point, this is just my assumption.. hehehe but still LED's power consumption is much lesser than peanut bulb..;)
@Gerry Jaloro

If your SMX is AHO, it is connected to your headlight Hi/Lo switch. You can locate it the the Front (Chest) part of your bike and probably its color is also Yellow-Red.. Trace this wire if it is going to your Hi/Lo switch, if confirm, that's it..:D:thumbsup:
# sir my SMX is AHO and i cant find the yellow/red wire. my SMX is 2013 model/. need ur help tanx sir, Godbless

CesarMontano

.. Where i can connect the tail light parklight to battery operated wiring? it appears that the break light is battery operated while the parklight is AHO. My front parklights are now battery operated while my rear park light still AHO. Thank yyou for future response.

kdd

hello... is this still the best and effective to convert the park light to battery operated? this tutorial is way back 2011/12.. I am just wondering if there is a new one which is more effective and more safer... thanks! :)

Sidro

Super Veteran
@kdd , yes so far. But you need to change you stock park light bulbs into LED type of lights. If not you might end up on drained or low battery problem. This is my set-up for almost 3 years I converted all my lights to battery driven, but replace it with LED's specially my headlight (3LED headlight). So far didn't encounter low battery or drained battery.

kdd

@kdd , yes so far. But you need to change you stock park light bulbs into LED type of lights. If not you might end up on drained or low battery problem. This is my set-up for almost 3 years I converted all my lights to battery driven, but replace it with LED's specially my headlight (3LED headlight). So far didn't encounter low battery or drained battery.
thanks Sidro, the tutorial on the first page is for parklight only right? will i encounter a battery drain problem if i only use LED on parklight only following the tutorial on the first page?

kdd

hello again, can i use a bosch relay which has two 87 pins?? i cannot find a relay which has a 87 and 87a pin...

Deigvan Narnia

My share.. This is my version of changing auxiliary lights to battery operated and maintaining the stator operation for the headlight..

Updated as of Nov. 9, 2012 to avoid confusion;)

This is good for all of those who wants to maintain your headlight to be stator driven..
Note: Already included here the hazzard light diagram.:D
I hope this helps and happy DIY guys!:thumbsup:
Sir can you help how to make a switch for my front park light (MX135) I mean if I'm going to on my headlight
the park light also will do. thanks.

Deigvan Narnia

In addition to this, since almost all auxiliary lights are battery operated, the stator need to work harder, than before, to charge the battery.. So I think there is no issue if the headlight bulb is the only load of our bike.. I hope my thinking is also right about this.. hehehe :D
bro whats the meaning of stator? sorry first timer owner MX 135

Deigvan Narnia

w
My sniper MX is AHO, and im planning to put a switch for my headlight, park light, meter light and tail light so i ordered to our 3s here a switch assembly for mio (since they told me that it fit also to my sniper mx and cost cheaper). Do i need to add a relay or i connect directly the wire for headlight and the auxiliary lights?

Correct me if im wrong in the wiring schematic diagram that i am planning to use as reference....TIA
bro, whats the meaning of AHO?

mcDo

Dati ka bang naka HID..
good day sir, hindi po ako sniper user, hingi lang po sana ako idea, bumili kasi ako ng motor, yung bagong mio i 125. gusto ko sana lagyan ng switch. diko alam kung pano. basta pag nag switch on ako sa ignation umiilaw ang park light, and pag nag start na engine umiilaw na yung headlight. kumplikado daw kasi pag fi. pahelp naman.

zurcnai

Super Veteran
Hi sirs!

I have a question regarding my SMX135. I put back the yellow/red wire that is connected from the rectifier to the stator. Now, when i ride my mc, charging is 15.5v at around 3k to 4krpm. but when i turn on my aux lights, it reads around 13.5v. then when i turn on my LED headlight, it reads around 12v. Do you think my rectifier needs replacement? Although I am planning to convert it to full wave rectifier but that will require me to replace the stator to the ones for Mio. what do you think? Thanks!

john harold

There are five (5) steps for this installation:

1. Cut the yellow-red (Y/R) wire in the middle. You will now have wires A and B.

2. Cut the Blue-black (L/B) wire in the middle. You will now have wires C and D.

3. Tap wire B to any Brown (Br) wire you can see in your system.
Note: Brown (Br) is different from chocolate brown (Ch). Ch.brown is darker.

4. Tap wire C to positive connection of the Relay. Then tap E to black wire of your system or body as ground.

Note: It's better to buy a relay with socket. If you have socket, there will be an available wire.
Please verify first the diagram of the relay that you will use which is normally drawn at its side.
Red Wire: Positive (#85)
White Wire: Negative (to ground) (#86)
Black wire: Main contact (#30)
Blue & Green: Dry contact (Normally open) (#87 & #87a)

**Tap C to the Red wire (#85) of Relay and tap E (White #86) to black wire of your system or body as ground.

5. Tap A to Black wire (#30) of relay. Then Tap Blue or Green wire (#87 or #87a) to wire D.
Note: The Bosch relay that I bought has normally open contact for both #87 and #87a.
In this configuration, you can use either of the two and secure the one that you didn't use by electrical tape.
Or you can simply short them.:D

Now you can enjoy your battery operated auxiliary lights and your stator powered headlight.

I hope this helps..:thumbsup:
Good am sir bhek_21, is it the same as the mio amore/ sporty wirings?
i want to be full battery operated all my lights, what should i do?
very much appreciated any reply, thank you

Last edited:

snypey16

Super Veteran
good day sir, hindi po ako sniper user, hingi lang po sana ako idea, bumili kasi ako ng motor, yung bagong mio i 125. gusto ko sana lagyan ng switch. diko alam kung pano. basta pag nag switch on ako sa ignation umiilaw ang park light, and pag nag start na engine umiilaw na yung headlight. kumplikado daw kasi pag fi. pahelp naman.
sir bili ka ng left and right switch ng mio sporty, may switch ng headlight yun din rewire lang, yung ang ginawa ko sa mio ng utol ko.

snypey16

Super Veteran
bro, which part of MC the yellow wire, brown wire and magneto are located?
buksan nyo po yung ulo ng motor nyo, yung sa may head light yellow wire is located papunta sa switch on ng ilaw, disconnect nyo po yung yellow yung papunta sa switch ay dugtungan mo, tas i tap mo dun sa brown wire papuntang ignition switch/key

Resty Manalo

There are five (5) steps for this installation:

1. Cut the yellow-red (Y/R) wire in the middle. You will now have wires A and B.

2. Cut the Blue-black (L/B) wire in the middle. You will now have wires C and D.

3. Tap wire B to any Brown (Br) wire you can see in your system.
Note: Brown (Br) is different from chocolate brown (Ch). Ch.brown is darker.

4. Tap wire C to positive connection of the Relay. Then tap E to black wire of your system or body as ground.

Note: It's better to buy a relay with socket. If you have socket, there will be an available wire.
Please verify first the diagram of the relay that you will use which is normally drawn at its side.
Red Wire: Positive (#85)
White Wire: Negative (to ground) (#86)
Black wire: Main contact (#30)
Blue & Green: Dry contact (Normally open) (#87 & #87a)

**Tap C to the Red wire (#85) of Relay and tap E (White #86) to black wire of your system or body as ground.

5. Tap A to Black wire (#30) of relay. Then Tap Blue or Green wire (#87 or #87a) to wire D.
Note: The Bosch relay that I bought has normally open contact for both #87 and #87a.
In this configuration, you can use either of the two and secure the one that you didn't use by electrical tape.
Or you can simply short them.:D

Now you can enjoy your battery operated auxiliary lights and your stator powered headlight.

I hope this helps..:thumbsup:[/QUOTE

is it ok for mio sporty?