• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Need Help With Fuel Consumption

noobiie4

hi i just bought a second hand spark and wanted to know how to reduce fuel consumption . My current fuel consumption is roughly 30km/l or less(thats bad for a spark right ?) . Normally riding on expressway 90-120km/h just to get to work and home . 2 days i will travel a total of roughly 88-90+km and having to top up 3-3.5l of petrol .
FZ block
FZ piston ring
FZ piston
sp carb
CDI BRT
Aftermarket pipe .
fuel used spc 98
idle speed at 1.5rpm
Bought a spark hoping for it to be fuel saving but ended up spending more . Any help/feedback is much appreciated :D what should i change to reduce fuel consumption ?

princepj888c

Super Veteran
whats the cause of my fuel consumption ?D: now everyday i travel at least 80km per trip to go and come back from work . need to top up every single day =/
In your case you need to visit your shop, have your carburetor clean, tune up and change spark plug as well.

sixty-thirty

Super Veteran
And since that you are using a 150cc block it will consume a little bit more then the stock 135cc block..iif you want a good fuel consumption I say switch back to stock block. With powerful engine more fuel will consume , am I wrong ?

princepj888c

Super Veteran
yes its better to be on stock engine modified accessories hehehehe for better gas consumption, regular change oil, spark plug replacement and air filter plus at least once a year cleaning of carburetor and tune up

Slithereen Guard

hi i just bought a second hand spark and wanted to know how to reduce fuel consumption . My current fuel consumption is roughly 30km/l or less(thats bad for a spark right ?) . Normally riding on expressway 90-120km/h just to get to work and home . 2 days i will travel a total of roughly 88-90+km and having to top up 3-3.5l of petrol .
FZ block
FZ piston ring
FZ piston
sp carb
CDI BRT
Aftermarket pipe .
fuel used spc 98
idle speed at 1.5rpm
Bought a spark hoping for it to be fuel saving but ended up spending more . Any help/feedback is much appreciated :D what should i change to reduce fuel consumption ?
i hope this will help bro. .try to consider changing your rear sprocket to a smaller one or change your front sprocket to a bigger one. .
rear sprocket - minus 3 teeth to your current sprocket. .
front sprocket - add 1 tooth to your current sprocket. .

hope this will help. .

by doing this, you'll have a better top speed and a decent acceleration. .