• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Need Help/advice For Gear Set Ratio..

Mr_Ojie

Hi guys, im sorry if this topic has been discuss before..
Anw, i've been wanting to change my gear 4th set to 20t but i can't decide which give smoother acc for topspeed/distance. currently im using 21t..

My setup,
Uma superhead
Uma 62mm block
Keihin PWK 28mm
Leo Vince sbk exhaust
Yamaha Thai non-cut off cdi
15-33 sprocket

Any suggestion?
Im rinding Spark 135 (4 speed).

T.i.a :coffee:

Last edited:

wotwot

Anw, i've been wanting to change my gear 4th set to 20t but i can't decide which give smoother acc for topspeed/distance. currently im using 21t..

My setup,
Uma superhead
Uma 62mm block
Keihin PWK 28mm
Leo Vince sbk exhaust
15-33 sprocket

Any suggestion?

my spec same like you..gearbox also i change to 1,2 and 4 21t..currently im use 15/34..what KMH do you get?..i need more topspeed on highway..

ouh..if you want change 4th to 20t it more accelerate i think..because 20t is for drag use..if you change it from 21t to 20t you can decrease your rear sprocket..maybe you can get more speed on short distance..

Mr_Ojie

my spec same like you..gearbox also i change to 1,2 and 4 21t..currently im use 15/34..what KMH do you get?..i need more topspeed on highway..

ouh..if you want change 4th to 20t it more accelerate i think..because 20t is for drag use..if you change it from 21t to 20t you can decrease your rear sprocket..maybe you can get more speed on short distance..
Hi thanks for reply but did u mean went i change to 4th 20t, i can go lower on my rear sprocket? Or higher? Because i guess, 33t sprocket is the lowest i would go.
With my current setup and sprocket ratio, i usually get 140++ kmh and i nvr intended to go anymore beyond that.. To many "cameras" here in Sg bro ✌

If 4th 20t give me more speed on short distance then i would stick to my 21t..

wotwot

Hi thanks for reply but did u mean went i change to 4th 20t, i can go lower on my rear sprocket? Or higher? Because i guess, 33t sprocket is the lowest i would go.
With my current setup and sprocket ratio, i usually get 140++ kmh and i nvr intended to go anymore beyond that.. To many "cameras" here in Sg bro ✌

If 4th 20t give me more speed on short distance then i would stick to my 21t..
maybe yes ...cuz it depend on your engine, also in drag you need short distance to get top speed and 20th is good for them..before this my spec same as you 62mm uma,carb 28mm,exhaust leo vince..head port and polish standard, i can get 150kmh on gps on my 135lc v1 standard gearbox..with sprocket 15/35..now i already change the gearbox and it feel so short on 4th gear with 21t and groaned engine on 35 rear..before this standard gearbox 4th is so heavy..now i feel like to go lower my rear sprocket from 35 to 33 or 30 something to make my 4th gear go more and less groened...if ur 4th gear is 20t i think it more short then 21t then you can lower your rear sprocket at least 1 teeth or more..to make it heavy..ya camera speed in MAS also have camera bro..but not all the place..but here we need more top speed to get..

for your know on 4th 21t we dont need to drop gear to 3th for get top speed..just use 4th gear on throttle then it will go more..so it feel lighten on 4th gear...

may i know on your topspeed did your engine groaned? if groaned maybe you can stick to 21t..then play with your sprocket ratio

sory for my bad english bro..

Last edited:

Mr_Ojie

maybe yes ...cuz it depend on your engine, also in drag you need short distance to get top speed and 20th is good for them..before this my spec same as you 62mm uma,carb 28mm,exhaust leo vince..head port and polish standard, i can get 150kmh on gps on my 135lc v1 standard gearbox..with sprocket 15/35..now i already change the gearbox and it feel so short on 4th gear with 21t and groaned engine on 35 rear..before this standard gearbox 4th is so heavy..now i feel like to go lower my rear sprocket from 35 to 33 or 30 something to make my 4th gear go more and less groened...if ur 4th gear is 20t i think it more short then 21t then you can lower your rear sprocket at least 1 teeth or more..to make it heavy..ya camera speed in MAS also have camera bro..but not all the place..but here we need more top speed to get..

for your know on 4th 21t we dont need to drop gear to 3th for get top speed..just use 4th gear on throttle then it will go more..so it feel lighten on 4th gear...

may i know on your topspeed did your engine groaned? if groaned maybe you can stick to 21t..then play with your sprocket ratio

sory for my bad english bro..
Yup, previously while using 15/37 my engine do felt a little groaned and so i go all the way down to 33t. It feels much smoother now (thanks to my malaysian friends for the advice) .. No worries bro, i get what u're trying to explain. Ur english aint that bad :thumbsup:
And by the way did u change ur 1st, 2nd and 4th gear set together? Or just 4th gear?

wotwot

Yup, previously while using 15/37 my engine do felt a little groaned and so i go all the way down to 33t. It feels much smoother now (thanks to my malaysian friends for the advice) .. No worries bro, i get what u're trying to explain. Ur english aint that bad :thumbsup:
And by the way did u change ur 1st, 2nd and 4th gear set together? Or just 4th gear?
haha...we are rider bro no difference
yes.. i change my 1st,2nd and 4th..
1st and 2nd gear is much longer than standard now..so on street like town not use much 4th gear..i can use 4th gear if i want to...

u just change ur 4th gear bro? what engine modification has you make bro? like me i have lighten my magnet and use bearing c3 on crankshaft..

Mr_Ojie

haha...we are rider bro no difference
yes.. i change my 1st,2nd and 4th..
1st and 2nd gear is much longer than standard now..so on street like town not use much 4th gear..i can use 4th gear if i want to...

u just change ur 4th gear bro? what engine modification has you make bro? like me i have lighten my magnet and use bearing c3 on crankshaft..
**thumbsUp** bro.. Yes, i do change my 1st, 2nd and 4th gear too and also lighten my magneto.. Seems like we almost hv the same specs.. Haahaa ! Nice...
Im upgrading to Uma hyper-clutch soon..

wotwot

**thumbsUp** bro.. Yes, i do change my 1st, 2nd and 4th gear too and also lighten my magneto.. Seems like we almost hv the same specs.. Haahaa ! Nice...
Im upgrading to Uma hyper-clutch soon..
hahaha..bro i already have uma hyperclutch..but not my headblock..it still standard..but modified..u have superhead there..awesome..hehehe
im also need to upgrade my head block soon.. UMA superhead in my shortlist..

apekyamahalc

Talking about the ratio in gearbox. Does anyone now the ideal ratio for 135lc 5 speed? Gear 5 is felt like very heavy and im not really how to impress the feeling. I couldnt go to 15t front sprocket with it. Tq

wotwot

Talking about the ratio in gearbox. Does anyone now the ideal ratio for 135lc 5 speed? Gear 5 is felt like very heavy and im not really how to impress the feeling. I couldnt go to 15t front sprocket with it. Tq
what ur spec bro..standard or modi...
try play with rear sprocket..what i know is 5th gear on 5 speed it for cruising..

apekyamahalc

Cms Block 62mm, standard head porting, rxz carburator, custom camshaft and cms spring valve. I tried to change the rear sprocket from 33 to 38 with the front 14 to 15. But still, i couldnt get that much power from the block in 5th gear.

apekyamahalc

My setup,
Uma superhead
Uma 62mm block
Keihin PWK 28mm
Leo Vince sbk exhaust
15-33 sprocket

Any suggestion?

How is the pwk?is it good, i heard that its good for acceleration but not for your top gear?is it true or it delend on the setting of your machine. As you were asking for the feedback for the cms 63, if you are currently usi g the 62mm, i recommend you to not buy the 63mm as an upgrade because it is more or less the same feeling. Hehe.tq.

wotwot

Cms Block 62mm, standard head porting, rxz carburator, custom camshaft and cms spring valve. I tried to change the rear sprocket from 33 to 38 with the front 14 to 15. But still, i couldnt get that much power from the block in 5th gear.
u have try 15/34 bro...coz my friend use this ratio..and get top speed 160kmh 5 speed bro..

Mr_Ojie

How is the pwk?is it good, i heard that its good for acceleration but not for your top gear?is it true or it delend on the setting of your machine. As you were asking for the feedback for the cms 63, if you are currently usi g the 62mm, i recommend you to not buy the 63mm as an upgrade because it is more or less the same feeling. Hehe.tq.
I've been using pwk since riding kawasaki ninja 150.
i dont hv issue while using pwk for 4 stroke. I guess its better thn keihin pe 28mm. But in terms of noise level (open port with velocity stack) pwk is more noisier..
For my experience, pwk is harder to jet than pe.. Im using JJL needle, giving extra "rich" fuel when on topspeed. I wont go for JJH..

Mr_Ojie

I think we should meet up for coffee lah bro, since sg and mas is not that far.. Heehee ! Can share more tips & tricks..:coffee: