• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Lc135 V2 5th Gear No Power

crazytaxi

Hi guys, im currently riding LC135 V2.
And having problem w/ the 5th gear no power. Everthing stock except for k&n air filter and racing cdi

Stockbore

Super Veteran
Hmm.. Its kind of funny the new 5speed need a bigger rear sprocket. When the old lc135 4speed needs smaller ones. Lol
Sniper MX 5th speed gear has higher speed ratio than the 4th gear sniper classic. you need low speed sprocket combi for the high speed 5th gear ratio to gain more speed. One factor is the wider rear wheel. Thats a heavier load than the normal sniper classic. but then, sniper mx has a low valve spring rpm so you also need to change those to vixion or sniper classic valve spring. your rcdi is useless unless you change it.

crazytaxi

Sniper MX 5th speed gear has higher speed ratio than the 4th gear sniper classic. you need low speed sprocket combi for the high speed 5th gear ratio to gain more speed. One factor is the wider rear wheel. Thats a heavier load than the normal sniper classic. but then, sniper mx has a low valve spring rpm so you also need to change those to vixion or sniper classic valve spring. your rcdi is useless unless you change it.
Nice.. Two thumbs up..

crazytaxi

i've tried 14-42. its nice. and the power on the 5th gear came back. BUT i was wondering, if the front and rear rims are 80/90 - 90/80 will there be in need of changing sprockets again?? i'm planning to change to yamaha x1r original enkei 6spokes sport rim. will i need to change the sprocket size? or i just maintain the size?
in future engine modifications, do i have to change sprocket sizes too?

Karlojohn22

Im using 15/42 on my mx135. There is still no power on my 5th, same top speed with my 4th gear... need ur help in this bro.. im 75 kg with stock wheel size.