• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Honda CBR 150 Piston on T135

sniper900

Guys is it possible to use the Honda CBR's Piston on our t135? im planning to bore my stock block up to 63.5mm and use the cbr's piston. lets talk :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
after all, over square engine is the best when it comes to high rpm bikes

haen

Super Veteran
very possible... just make sure the pin diameter is the same.. i suggest u make the new cylinder from resleeved vixion block since its water wall is thicker than stock 135 cc block..

edit : dont forget to adjust the cyl head squish area to match the piston's profile.. or u'll just waste lots of potential power.. also please consider the piston's weight..

the_one

Super Veteran
sniper900 said:
Guys is it possible to use the Honda CBR's Piston on our t135? im planning to bore my stock block up to 63.5mm and use the cbr's piston. lets talk :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
after all, over square engine is the best when it comes to high rpm bikes
gudlak bro hope it wont damage ur head..

sniper900

I really hope the pin fits, i all ready ask Triumph in caloocan about the price of the piston set. it cost $47 piston rings and the piston.

sniper900

haen said:
very possible... just make sure the pin diameter is the same.. i suggest u make the new cylinder from resleeved vixion block since its water wall is thicker than stock 135 cc block..

edit : dont forget to adjust the cyl head squish area to match the piston's profile.. or u'll just waste lots of potential power.. also please consider the piston's weight..
Thanks haen for the tips, NOTED

tashrey_888

Super Veteran
hi guys .... im using now 62mm piston installed locally here i bacolod and im very happy with it... future plans is 64mm..

phl6684

Staff member
if u used 62mm..is the coolant work??
n if u installed 64mm??what will happen??

n by the way....if ori diasil block must used the yamaha coolant since its aluminium...
but if we bore untill 60mm and above??
the slip is no longer aluminium rite??instead of steel..
can we change the coolant that work perfectly on steel??

CarroTT

Super Veteran
the whole block is aluminum
but without the diasil which is actually a very hard almost indestructible silicone carbide coating, u will have a very hard time with changing ur piston n block very soon

chiglai

Super Veteran
@fleep
saw this piston from a website. piston of crf150, or should i say a bore up kit for crf150, the website didnt mention or wrote if its pin14, im just assuming that its pin14 cuz the code of the pin is ow14 so i guess it must be 14.. watcha think? hehehehe

fleep

Super Veteran
i also owned a cbr150 tried cleaning and tuning it. thats why i checked the parts. hehehe cbr150, mio and shogun have the same piston pin.
:D