• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

DIY. Valve Clearance

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
there is a specfied coad for each plug for different bikes. it just depends on the type of plug you want to use. but no engine mod needs to be done if your using the specified plug.

Denso Iridium Power: IU24 # 067700-9270
Denso Iridium Racing: IU01-24 #267700-1010

Hope that helps.

darkkey

goff_d_p said:
there is a specfied coad for each plug for different bikes. it just depends on the type of plug you want to use. but no engine mod needs to be done if your using the specified plug.

Hope that helps.
Thanks bro for the info. Between how long the is duration to change the spark plug. My odo is 5K+ and I found it a bit difficult to start the engine using both electric starter and also kick start. I just did my service and the guy told me that every 5K need to change the plug. Is it true?

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
when you do an oil change, take out the plug and clean it, then check it's gap setting on the plug, and insert it back in. a spark plug is good for 100,000.00klm, but my machanic recamends change every 10,000klm.

By the way, dose anyone have any of the Denso plugs? I'm looking for any of these two?

darkkey

goff_d_p said:
when you do an oil change, take out the plug and clean it, then check it's gap setting on the plug, and insert it back in. a spark plug is good for 100,000.00klm, but my machanic recamends change every 10,000klm.

By the way, dose anyone have any of the Denso plugs? I'm looking for any of these two?
I've seen these plugs in my place but I dont know if the serial numbers match.

tsunami

Super Veteran
The serial number is same if the code are same guys...such as U24 the thickness 0.7cm, hmm how to say ek..

Forsure the serial number is same if the code also same

pixeLFreak

zatuwah said:
the yamaha recomended to do the vavle clearence at 6000km.we all need to do this because the vavle will move from the place where it stay.
no need lah...unless your bike's performance is drop then you can do valve clearence. one more thing, when the fuel consumption start to increase, it's one of the indication that valve need adjustment.

actually, it depends on how the bike react to us and there is no specific mileage to do the adjustment.

P/S- feeler gauge is a one-must-have tool to measure the clearence for beginner.

phl6684

Staff member
i`ve done it my self...just buy the DIY valve adjustment THINGS..n do it urself..enjoy..

mine now set
intake 0.12mm
exhaust 0.15mm

its good for me..dunno how it good wit u guys...cheers..

King.Leoric

Super Veteran
pixeLFreak said:
King.Leoric said:
can anybody direct or show me or pics of checking valve clearance (DIY)..
you can find the video at youtube or using google and type 'how to adjust valve clearance'.
tnx bro...

anyway, I found how to at the Service Manual..

pages 3-7 to 3-10