• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Air Fuel Mixture

AMV 22

Guys, good pm. I need some help. What is the best air fuel mixture on sniper mx? I already try standard settings, then 2 turns, 2 1/4, 2 1/2, 2 3/4 and 3 turns. But my problem is, i cannot find the optimum mixture. my spark plug still turn into black not rusty brown. I use ngk iridium spark plug.. Is there something wrong with my MC?

Paladin

Super Veteran
Guys, good pm. I need some help. What is the best air fuel mixture on sniper mx? I already try standard settings, then 2 turns, 2 1/4, 2 1/2, 2 3/4 and 3 turns. But my problem is, i cannot find the optimum mixture. my spark plug still turn into black not rusty brown. I use ngk iridium spark plug.. Is there something wrong with my MC?
Are you still using stock carb? If no, what carb are you using? What jettings did you use? Proper a/f mixture depends on these questions not just by following what people say on how many turns they did to make the right mixture ratio. Plus the fact that not all bikes has the same a/f mixture ratio even if with the same and exact upgrade.

If your SP tip is still black after all the turns, maybe you need to change smaller jetting to fix the problem.

AMV 22

Are you still using stock carb? If no, what carb are you using? What jettings did you use? Proper a/f mixture depends on these questions not just by following what people say on how many turns they did to make the right mixture ratio. Plus the fact that not all bikes has the same a/f mixture ratio even if with the same and exact upgrade.

If your SP tip is still black after all the turns, maybe you need to change smaller jetting to fix the problem.
My engine is all stock. Except the spark plug. Right now i use the standard settings. but not 1 3/4 and not 2 turns, in the middle of it.. Can you help me to fix this sir? Tnx much..

Paladin

Super Veteran
What spark plug are you using? As far as your SP is not lean and not wet rich that's okay with me. If you really want to see a brown clean SP tip which you can't obtain on your current setting, you may want to try changing smaller jetting. Another wise move is to consult a mechanic who is expert on fine tuning.

Reactions: Gie

AMV 22

What spark plug are you using? As far as your SP is not lean and not wet rich that's okay with me. If you really want to see a brown clean SP tip which you can't obtain on your current setting, you may want to try changing smaller jetting. Another wise move is to consult a mechanic who is expert on fine tuning.
Im using an ngk iridium spark plug.. Right now sir i put my air mixture to 2 turns.. What should i do after this settings? Im gonna check my sp color and what? Tnx for your help sir.